WCER Technical Services provides computer and creative services to WCER researchers. Our skilled personnel and advanced technologies provide projects with research-focused programming, application development, Web site design, video, network, multimedia, and graphics expertise. In addition, we assist with hardware and software purchasing, setup, technical support, server space, and training. Technical Services also maintains the secure collaborative network Sharepoint where users can work together without compromising sensitive data. For more information, please review the WCER Guide to Common Password/Authentication Accounts, our list of available technology services and our equipment library inventory.
WCER projects and business units may obtain technical support via any of the following methods:
- E-mail email@example.com. Include a detailed description of the issue, your contact information, and a phone number. Please specify if the issue has created a total work stoppage.
- Call us at 263-4333. This method is the best for emergencies. If all technicians are out on service calls, please leave a message. We will contact you as soon as possible during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Visit us in suite 370 Educational Sciences. Stop by during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). If all technicians are out on service calls, please leave a written message. We will contact you as soon as possible during business hours.
Individual staff are listed on the Technical Services directory page.
UW Tech Support Links
- School of Education Help Desk - MERIT
- DoIT Home Page
- DoIT Help Desk
- Qualitative Data Analysis Software Support (MERIT)
- UW-Madison Office of the CIO Information Security
- National Institute of Standards and Technology: Computer Security Resource Center
- On Guard Online - US Government
- NSA - Securing your iPad/iPhone
- National Cybersecurity Alliance
- UW Digital PKI Signature - PDF Example
- UW Digital PKI Signature -Thunderbird Email Example