CREATIVE SOLUTIONS TO SUPPORT RESEARCH
The mission of the WCER Business Office is to support education research and product development by providing comprehensive services and creative, effective solutions to our WCER community. We offer assistance with proposal development, budget administration, technology support, facilities and human resources management.
The Business Office provides a variety of management services to WCER projects, including monthly budget status summaries, monitoring of university-owned equipment, ordering supplies from approved University vendors, maintenance of personnel files, coordination of hiring and the overall coordination of all other administrative matters.
Our financial staff will help you navigate the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s purchasing policies and procedures and ensure your requests are managed in a timely manner. Financial Services within the WCER Business Office includes the following: purchasing supplies, paying for travel, procuring services, expense reimbursement, department purchasing card charges, monthly financial account management, setting up subawards, and requesting purchase orders.
Take the time to look through the many resources available on MyWCER. If you have any further questions after taking a look, either email or stop by to the Business Office and we will assist you with your project’s financial needs.
Phone: (608) 263-4210
Fax: (608) 263-6448
Office Operations Associate
Human Resources Assistant
Senior Financial Specialist – Travel
Human Resources Assistant
Financial Specialist – Purchasing Card Site Manager
Financial Specialist – Purchasing
WCER Human Resources Manager
Contract and Intellectual Property Specialist
Events and Intranet Manager
Grants and Contracts Manager
Copy Shop Manager
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Records Management is governed by the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents under Policy 3-2, University of Wisconsin System Public Records Management and Wisconsin Records Laws. More information
- Advise staff on important University, UW Systems, and State of Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) Policies and Procedures.
- Determine the proper payment method for purchases both under and over the $5,000 threshold.
- Review, edit and process subawards and contractual service agreement requests to create Purchase Orders (POs) through either RSP or the Purchasing department.
- Send out fleet vehicle requests, place internal Shop@UW orders with our contracted vendors, and manage Driver Authorization form processing.
- process e-Reimbursement system transactions and Purchasing Card payments
- audit and approve Travel Authorizations and Expense Reports
- arrange and pay for both employee and non-employee travel incidentals
- communicate with both the School of Education Dean’s Office financial staff and the University Travel program managers
- provide direction on University and UW Systems travel policies to ensure goods and services are obtained legally
- verify and audit credit card payment supporting documentation according to the University Purchasing Card program guidelines
Financial Services Glossary
- Complete a mandatory training course on “The Basics of Effort Reporting.” This can be taken on-line, or at training session. For details, please see the RSP Training web site.
- Log onto ECRT during the certification period (semiannual basis for faculty, academic staff, graduate students, and postdoctoral trainees/quarterly basis for classified staff).